My healthy journey began when my son was diagnosed with a kidney disorder. Our eyes were opened immediately to the damage toxins can do to our bodies. I myself was struggling with blood pressure that was creeping up, high cholesterol and triglycerides among other side affects of my birth control.
We added green smoothies in which helped tremendously. I still continued to suffer the side affects of my birth control but was so unsure that I stayed on it until I began having frequent auras that frightened me so bad I quit.
I then began to use the Fertility Awareness Method as I researched how to balance my hormones naturally. I was shocked by what I discovered and began a ongoing journey of getting rid of the toxins in our home.
I came across information on how to make my own beauty products with essential oils but no one taught me how to use them. Fast forward a year to meeting Kara in a blogging group and she introduced me to the many powerful ways that Young Living Essential Oils could help my family.
I used to believe that if something was able to be sold in a store, it had to be safe, right? Then I became more informed. The following is my “Not So Fun” list of things I have I’ve learned:
SHAMPOOS, SOAPS, CONDITIONERS, CLEANSERS AND TOOTHPASTES:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – found in over 90% of personal care products, shampoos, soaps, conditioners, cleansers and toothpastes. It is BANNED in Europe and Canada. It causes hair loss, cataracts, rashes. It affects the brain, heart, and liver.
- Formaldehyde – the #1 carcinogen (linked to cancer) and it is an ingredient in most air fresheners.
- Aluminum – is in most antiperspirants and is linked to breast cancer in women.
- Lead – New FDA study found lead in 400 lipsticks tested by the agency, at widely varying levels of up to 7.19 parts per million—more than twice the levels reported in a previous FDA study.
- Chemicals like Diethanolamine (linked to liver and kidney tumors) and Quaternium-15 (releases formaldehyde) are found in laundry detergents.
COSMETICS AND SKINCARE
- In the US major loopholes in federal law allow the cosmetics industry to put thousands of synthetic chemicals into personal care products even if those chemicals are linked to cancer, infertility or birth defects. At the same time as untested chemicals have been steadily introduced into our environment, breast cancer incidence has risen dramatically.
- Only 11% of 10,500 chemicals in cosmetics have been tested for safety.
- Safe Cosmetics reports that there are NO LEGAL STANDARDS for organic or natural personal care products sold in the United States. One top-selling shampoo in the US offers an “organic experience”—it contains more than a DOZEN synthetic petrochemicals!
- 1,4-Dioxane is a carcinogen (hidden in ingredients such as PEG, polysorbates, laureth, ethoxylated alcohols) and a by-product of the cancer-causing petrochemical Ethylene Oxide. The California EPA lists it as a kidney toxicant, neurotoxicant and respiratory toxicant. . Check the ingredients on your products!
- Ethylene Oxide – found in cosmetics, shampoos, also used to sterilize surgical instruments. It is a known human carcinogen linked to cancer.
- By the time a woman has spritzed and sprayed in her daily ritual, she has exposed herself to more than 200 synthetic chemicals before breakfast.
- The average woman absorbs 5 lbs of make-up chemicals PER YEAR.
- Parabens – implicated with cancer because of their hormone-disrupting qualities and traces of them have been found in breast tumor samples.
- Mineral Oil, Paraffin, and Petrolatum coat the skin like plastic—clogging pores and creating a build-up of toxins. They slow cellular development creating earlier signs of aging. They disrupt hormonal activity.
- Some facial cleansers use the same chemicals used to scour garage floors.
- Triclosan – an antibacterial compound often found in mouthwash, toothpaste, handsanitizers, soaps, cosmetics, deodorants and other personal care products. The US EPA classifies it as a probable human carcinogen. It is a hormone disruptor—mimics hormones. Overuse of this PESTICIDE, contributes to antibiotic resistant bacteria (aka “super bugs”).
It is time to take control of what you are exposing yourself and your family to and BE YOUR OWN WELLNESS ADVOCATE!
How are Young Living essential oils and products going to help you?
Essential oils are a healthy, safe, and natural way to help with many ailments that so commonly affect us on a daily basis. Today’s lifestyles don’t always create optimal conditions for physical and emotional wellness. Poor diet, lack of exercise, and an overabundance of environmental toxins can leave the body unbalanced and diminish energy levels. Anything from weight management, to cleansing your body and mind, Young Living Essential Oils support every system of the body. Using essential oils and essential oil-infused supplements can provide the targeted solutions you need to restore balance and feel your very best.
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years for many applications. Today, there are well over 300 essential oils in use by professional practitioners, each with its own centuries confirmed practical application. But don’t worry! You certainly don’t need 300 essential oils in your home to reap their benefits.
Essential Oils have protective properties which are the plant’s natural defense mechanism that work the same in our bodies. Essential Oils have a unique ability penetrate the cell membrane and transport oxygen and nutrients inside the cell, thus giving more support to the immune system. They can effectively combat the damaging effects of toxins, impurities and harmful substances in and around our body.
- Are Immune boosting
- Support the body’s natural defenses
- Aid in maintaining normal cellular regeneration
- Are mood elevating
- Are high in antioxidants
- Are aromatic
- Are oxygenating
- Boost stamina and energy
- Help you relax
- Help manage stress and frustration
- Improve mental clarity
- Promote overall health, vitality, and longevity
Essential Oil Infused Skincare Products:
- Normal Skin Type–Maintain a balance of firm and supple skin: Lavender, Geranium, Rosewood, Neroli, Sandalwood
- Dry Skin Type–Soothe and hydrate skin: Sandalwood, Rose, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Myrrh
- Oily Skin Type–Clean skin and close pores: Cedarwood, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree), Geranium
- Combination Skin Type–Clean and hydrate both dry and oily areas: Frankincense, Myrrh, Lavender
- Mature Skin Type–Moisturize and nourish problem areas: Lavender, Sandalwood, Rose, Neroli, Clary Sage, Patchouli, Myrrh
Young Living carries a line of skincare products for all skin types–without the toxic chemicals that may actually contribute to premature aging!
Essential Oil Infused Wellness Products:
- Weight management-Rave reviews for the Slique system.
- Antioxidant support-Ningxia Red!
- Multivitamins and Immune Support- Use Sulfurzyme daily for immune support.
- Energy and stamina- Balance Complete and Power Meal are great for smoothies.
- Joint and mobility- the BLM supplement.
- Healthy snacking- the Slique bars.
Essential Oil Infused Personal Care Products:
- Shampoo and Conditioner–The Copaiba/Vanilla Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Deodorant–Purification essential oil with water. Rave reviews for the deodorants.
- Bath Gel–Bath gel base makes DIY a thousand times easier.
- Bar Soaps–Valor bar soap.
- Lotions–Sensation Hand and Body lotion is a must have.
- Dental care products–The Thieves mouthwash and toothpaste.
How do you get started?
All of this has taught me one thing – know where things come from and how they are raised. The same goes for essential oils. Young Living offers this promise – they own their farms and they run a very tight supply chain. I trust their essential oils above all others because they are pure and unadulterated and are manufactured for therapeutic use not just for smell.
Why buying retail isn’t smart
You might also see these oils for sale on Amazon or eBay but there is no way of knowing if those oils are authentic and unadulterated. When you sign up with me, you will get personal support. All you will get when you buy retail is the oil itself (and no guarantee it is unadulterated). You also will not get any support on how to use the oils. Once you become a member, I will add you to my secret Facebook community and provide you access to my password protected web portal. The facebook community is a great place to get the real time support you need to get the questions answered that you have. The web portal is an organized, easy to access web page that contains documents and links to videos and podcasts full of essential oil information!
When you sign up via the Young Living site as a retail customer you pay 24% more than wholesalers for your essential oils.
But what does becoming a distributor entail? Sounds complicated!
The absolute best way to buy oils is by joining ‘the discount club‘ as a distributor to get amazing discounts (24% off) on every product that is offered. Think of it as similar to joining a buying club like Costco or Sam’s.
You might be thinking: But the word ‘distributor’ sounds like a huge responsibility! Not so – As a member of this club you only have to agree to order a minimum of $50 per YEAR. That’s it! One bottle of Thieves Oil costs $44 Retail. That same bottle is only $33 through the wholesale club! If you bought only that and one other item in a year you would hit your minimum!
Have more questions? Young Living Independent Distributor and Wholesale Pricing FAQ
Why Should I become and Independent Distributor?
Becoming an Independent Distributor can get you wholesale pricing which is 24% off retail price! You also gain the option of sharing the oils with your friends and family in order to earn commissions and participate in promotions for free oils. I have an extensive business builder support network, training, and support system for this aspect as well!
Is there a monthly order minimum?
No. You do not have to order monthly in order to benefit from being an Independent Distributor. However, there is an autoship program that you have the option of participating in if you would like to earn more points on your orders and potentially more product.
I don’t really want to sell oils. Do I have to Sell Young Living Products to be a Distributor?
Of course not. Since there is no monthly order requirement you can simply just order whenever you and your family need it. There is no requirement to have a business. But, becoming a distributor is still most beneficial for your family and your pocket book business or not.
Don’t procrastinate! Learn what essential oils can do for your family today!
What do I need to do to get started?
To begin as a distributor you start with purchasing an enrollment kit. You can choose from several kits to get started. I recommend the Premium Starter Kit as the best value:
Disclaimer : The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.